Dr. Su-Wen Chang
Dr. Chang graduated from Queen’s University in Ontario, Canada with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (Honors) by conducting a Thesis research and defense. He went on to complete the Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry.
During dental school, Dr. Chang was on staff for USC mobile dental clinic which traveled to help underserved communities in different regions of California. After graduating with honors, he was a Clinical Instructor at USC School of Dentistry and served as a Research Fellow at USC/Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and UCLA School of Dentistry. Dr. Chang’s peer-reviewed article has been cited by various dental and public health researchers in the United States and the world.
Dr. Chang obtained Fellowship status from the International Congress of Oral Implantologists after completing rigorous requirements in dental implant training. Additionally, he achieved Fellowship status with the Academy of General Dentistry.
Earning Fellowship takes dedication to dental continuing education (CE) beyond graduation. Only about 6 percent of general dentists in the U.S. and Canada are AGD Fellows. When you see a dentist with FAGD after their name, you can be rest assured that they care about knowing the latest techniques and best practices in dentistry. AGD Fellows practice these techniques in a classroom setting multiple times a year — not every dentist does this.
To become an AGD Fellow, a dentist must:
- Complete at least 500 credit hours of CE.
- Earn 350 of those 500 credits in live courses.
- Pass an exam equal in difficulty to board certification exams.
As a Mentor for CEREC Doctors(CDOCS), Dr. Chang helps to teach other dentists around the world about modern dental technologies and techniques. Dr. Chang believes in life-long learning and has accumulated numerous continuing education hours and certifications in implantology, surgeries(emphasizing in minimally invasive approach), restorative esthetics, oral-systemic health connections, and overlapping areas in both dentistry and medicine.
Memberships and Organizations
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Arizona Dental Association (AzDA)
- Southern Arizona Dental Society (SADS)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)- awarded Fellowship
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)- awarded Fellowship
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)- Qualified Dentist
- Academy of Orofacial Pain
- American Academy for Oral and Systemic Health (AAOSH)
- Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- American Academy of Clear Aligners (AACA)
- CEREC Doctors- Mentor
- Organization for Safety, Asepsis, and Prevention (OSAP)
- Global Institute of Dental Education (GIDE)
- SPEAR Education
American Heart Association CPR/BLS First Aid and ACLS Certified