Infection Control and COVID-19
During this pandemic, it is important to stay in touch and understand the additional implementations we have done to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community.
Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Chang and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Chang and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Things we were already doing at Dr. Chang’s dental office BEFORE COVID-19
- Practicing universal precautions as we treat all contacts with patients and surfaces as potentially infectious
- New masks, gloves, protective barriers and sterilized instruments are used for each patient
- Dental instruments are sterilized after each patient
- Surfaces and equipment are disinfected with medical-grade wipes
- HEPA Air filters are used throughout the office
- Laundering and daily office cleaning are done by healthcare-certified companies
These are ADDITIONAL infection control procedures that we are following during COVID-19 pandemic:
- All staff and patients go through temperature checks and screenings
- Use of N95 respirators, face shields, and fluid-resistant gowns in addition to standard surgical masks
- Reduce bacteria in aerosols by using disinfectant spray after each patient
- Require patients use of masks/face coverings in office and during down time
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.